||Carol finds herself in the midst of the Swedish summer, without anything particularly exciting to do. However, this is about to change dramatically when she is called upon to investigate the disappearance of a friend of a friend. The search sends Carol on a colorful adventure of love, lies, murder, and possible madness. In her research, Carol is sent back hundreds of years into local history, but is also introduced to several odd characters of the present day. She also meets some old friends from her first adventure in Sweden.
- Hope Springs Eternal is the second game in the Carol Reed series.
- The game is, just like its predecessor, a first person point and click adventure game.
- All spoken dialogue is in English, and has subtitles.
- The game is entirely mouse driven, and has an exclusive by-pass feature for the more complicated puzzles. Click on the hidden icon to get on with the story!
- The game contains no violence or foul language. It has no action sequences or timed puzzles, and is suitable for ages 11 and up.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7
Pentium 800 or higher
64 MB RAM
8 MB video card
500 MB free hard drive space