|Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops. Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development.
- Why Early Access?
“To get feedback from the community and allow the fans of the first game to play the sequel as early as possible. We want to involve the fans of the series, as well as all new fans, to help us give the game that little bit of extra-polishing. We look forward to the feedback from the players in the Steam forum.”
- How long will this game be in Early Access?
“From September 4th, 2014 until the end of January 2015, with a time gap of approximately one month between each chapter.”
- How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“During the Early Access phase we will release four of the five chapters of the game, leading up to the full release of the complete game end of January 2015. The final version will be polished according to the feedback of the community, in terms of difficulty balance of the puzzles, controller-controls, as well as general polishing of animations, sounds and graphics.”
- What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Currently the first chapter is playable on PC, Mac and Linux, per mouse or controller.
Over the coming months the other chapters will be released.
Some of the extra content that was made possible through our backers on Kickstarter is not in the game yet and will be implemented via updates over time.
Though the game has already been thoroughly tested on several systems, there might still be certain compatibility or performance issues on specific configurations.
The controller-controls are still being polished, as we want to integrate the feedback of the fans here.”
- Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We plan to have a higher price starting with the final release than now during the Early Access phase.”
- How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We started involving the fans of the series early this year with a Kickstarter campaign and after this very positive experience we want to continue the dialogue between the fans and us and get their feedback about the game in general, particularly the difficulty of puzzles and mini-games, and about the controller-based controls.”
Legend foretold it. Prophecies predicted it. Chosen ones chose to believe in it. Now the adventure saga continues. A sequel is coming. Join Wilbur, Ivo, Nate and Critter in another classic point-and-click adventure in the wicked world of Aventásia. Help them fulfill their destiny. A destiny as yet unwritten.
A few years have passed since our heroes heroically defeated the arch-witch Mortroga. And their lives, like the lives of most people in Aventásia, are still in turmoil. The War of the Two Towers is over, but the wounds it left upon the land are still bleeding.
The gnome Wilbur Weathervane is struggling with his new job as a teacher at the reopened School for Wizardry and Witchcraft. His magic wand is having a mind of its own and an assassination plot against the arch-mage overshadows the first democratic elections in Seastone.
Faced with political intrigues that threaten the delicate balance of peace, Wilbur is in dire need of his old friends. But the elf princess Ivo and the adventurer Nate have, after a brief romantic interlude, gone their separate ways.
Ivo has returned to her gilded cage in the elf kingdom, overprotected by her controlling mother.
Nate along with his trusty companion Critter has been taken prisoner on the flying island of his arch-enemy the Red Pirate.
But fate does not rest. A darkness has fallen upon the land, or rather, a pinkness. A magic force is turning mighty beasts into fluffy plush puppies and towering castles into oversized dollhouses. Every world needs its heroes. However unlikely they may seem.
- A new adventure from KING Art, the creators of The Book of Unwritten Tales, The Critter Chronicles and The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief
- A fantasy story with over 20 hours of pointing and clicking
- The trademark BoUT-humor, lovingly spoofing LotR, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Discworld, The Hobbit, WoW and more
- Hundreds of weird, yet oddly logical puzzles
- The well-proven "Multi-Character-Gameplay"
- The established four playable characters Wilbur, Nate, Ivo and Critter
- An ensemble of quirky characters, both well-established and brand-new
- Projection Mapping technology unites the merits of 2D and 3D styles and technique
- An epic soundtrack with all the classics and many new compositions
Thanks to the support of our fans on Kickstarter, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 will be an even bigger and better adventure. Here’s what the backers of our Kickstarter-campaign helped achieve:
- Optional Side-Quests: Similar to RPGs the game will feature optional puzzle chains besides the main puzzles, that you can choose to solve, but don´t have to
- Extra Outfits: For solving side-quests you will not only receive achievements, but also unique outfits that the playable characters can equip, and that you can combine in different ways to create unique outfits
- Production blog & Making-of Videos: Our vlogger Danica has joined the fellowship of BoUT2 and provides a regular production blog and video updates
- Orchestra recordings: For the first time several of Benny Oschmann´s much-loved music tracks for the game will be recorded with a live orchestra